I just want to pick up and leave. Pack my things and move away from this state, this city, these people. I want to take a risk, experience life, broaden my horizons. I want to make mistakes and meet new people and see the world. I want to soak up everything that comes my way and appreciate the little things. I want to try my best to understand why things are the way they are; to accept the good as well as the bad that life will inevitably throw at me without letting it control me. I want to be able to see things from different perspectives even if I don’t always understand it. I want to step out of my comfort zone and stop being afraid to be alive.
20 facts. Tagged by @vuzoku
1. I prefer animals over people
2. I can sleep 24+ hours without bathroom breaks or eating
3. I only like going to the beach at night
4. I met the love of my life 4 years ago and we’ve been together ever since. His name is Winston and he is a dog
5. I am the most awkward person you will ever meet
6. My all time favorite author is Kurt Vonnegut
7. I’ve never eaten an oyster
8. I like to over analyze and blow any and every situation out of proportion
9. I have zero survival skills, would definitely be the first to die in a zombie apocalypse
10. Oh, and I fucking love zombies
11. I’m not a very open person, even with people I’ve known for years
12. I’ve never broken a bone
14. I hate scary movies
15. Been told I have resting bitch face. I do
16. My favorite time of day is right before the sun rises
17. I pick apart my food before I eat
18. I believe that no relationship of any kind can work without trust and honesty
19. I will never say no to dessert
20. I’m hungry
When you relax your desire for comfort, real fulfillment arises. When you drop your hectic pursuit of gratification, the real beauty of life comes out. When you seek to know reality without illusion, complete with all it’s pain and anger, real freedom and security will be yours.
"I don’t think people are meant to be by themselves. That’s why if you actually find someone you care about, It’s important to let go of the little things. Even if you can’t let go all the way. Because nothing sucks more then feeling all alone, no matter how many people are around"
You messaged me out of the blue.
I wasn’t looking for anyone,
In fact I was too busy running from someone else,
But I slowed down enough to reply
You slowly became my good morning text,
My drunken phone call,
My tearful FaceTime when work had wrung me out like a dirty tea towel,
And you were there,
Few days before my birthday and this deep set feeling of.. regret won’t seem to fade away. For most people life goes exactly as they planned it; school, work, graduating, moving on. But sometimes your plans go to shit and you realize with every passing year, your old dreams and goals change to something a little less glamorous, a little easier to achieve, a lot more different than you’ve wanted your whole life; for your “thought-out-amazing-future”.
It’s funny how birthdays can do that to you; make you stop and think of how little you’ve accomplished in the amount of time you’ve been alive. How many disappointments and letdowns you’ve experienced over and over.
It’s like watching yourself from a movie screen, going through the motions of everyday responsibilities and life, but not really living. Not really making choices or taking risks and opportunities that come your way. Just stuck in some kind of purgatory you put yourself in because of this fear of… What? Failure? And that moment you take a step back and see you’re comfortable with this pathetic mind set.. It’s time for a change, time for something drastic to snap me out of this rut and get me back on my feet for good, no more excuses.
SoCal, you’ve got nothing left to offer me and I have nothing left to take.